"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're gifts given to help you discover who you are."

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The other shoe

So PET scans are an annual event now....recently had the 2012 occasion only to hear the following day (shocking, I know...) from my oncologists' office.  Wanted to see me earlier than scheduled to review the report from the radiologist.  I'm thinking "this can't be good", but never called them back.  Didn't have time to reschedule on the day they wanted me to come in.  I guess avoidance isn't going to work; her nurse called me the day after to explain, in a kind and gentle manner, that there were, and I quote..."2 areas lighting up....one at the top of the vagina and another on the liver." 
Next up:  CT guided liver biopsy.  You can't make this stuff up.
All I could think was "Fuck, I don't have time for this...."

No comments:

Post a Comment